Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Classroom Library

I have books coming out the wazoo in my classroom right now. Everywhere I look there are random piles of books waiting to be sorted and labeled so they are ready to be read. Everything looked so perfect at the beginning of the year... Sadly I can't even blame the kiddos... the problem is me.

My name is Morgan and I have been addicted to book buying since I was in the first grade.

I love books. I love quality books. I even sort of like the books that aren't so high quality only because I know (or I convince myself...) that if at least one kid's interest is piqued in the book the purchase is worth it.

I get my supply at Goodwill and other fabulous second hand stores. How can anyone resist a book that is $0.50?! (Unless you get 50 of them...)

I have bags of books everywhere. My kitchen counter is full of Guided Reading Sets I bought on eBay. The floor of my car holds a bag I snagged at Goodwill. The black hole that is the space under my desk has random bags of books from various expeditions.

My system is so beautiful and perfect. Minus the fact that I didn't allow for new books in my shelf space allotment.

Oops.

Guess I will be spending a beautiful morning at school reorganizing my hot mess of books

0 comments:

Post a Comment